Food cravings

Musicman72
on 12/29/08 11:22 am - Oshkosh, WI
I have been craving cheeseburgers, pizza and seafood REALLY bad the last couple of weeks. Seen a show on TV where they showed them grilling octopus...I've never had it in my life...but it made my mouth start to water!!! So now I want to go to Red Lobster and have their Woodgrilled lobster, scallops and shrimp.....

damagedonebanner.jpg picture by Musicman72

Pam T.
on 12/29/08 11:27 pm - Saginaw, MI
Hey there MusicMan -

Yep... those cravings can be pretty crazy.  Especially early out when you can't even substitute WLS-friendly food for the bad food we want to eat.  Eventually you'll be able to have all those things you listed, but you'll cook them in a way that's healthy. 

Cheeseburger = super lean beef made into a tiny burger topped with cheese.  no bun, but you still get the taste of a cheeseburger.

Pizza = tortilla pizza topped with turkey pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese on a cripsy whole grain, low carb tortilla.

Seafood = this will be a staple in your diet as long as you cook it right.  baked fish, sauted shrimp, even shrimp ****tail. steamed scallops....  Lots of protein!

But until you get to the point that you can eat those things again, you'll just have to be strong.  In fact, right now is the time when it's best to work on those mental cravings and face them head on.   You'll be amazed at how strong your resolve is when you have faith in your own willpower. 

:-)

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

daisy77
on 12/31/08 12:24 am - WI
Are you able to eat soups or blended soups yet?  You might try a low calorie seafood soup/stew.  That might get you over your craving!  I was craving spicy foods early on and I cured that with spicy soups.  HTH!

oh_card_b1Done.jpg

heatherlastra
on 1/2/09 12:15 pm - Santa Clara, CA
I remember when I was recovering from my surgery ... sitting in my recliner, watching TV and every single commercial that came on, I'd think ... oooh I used to love Red Robin Cheeseburgers, I'll never have one again ... Yum, that sandwich looks wonderful ... mmmm steak and baked potatoes and so on and so on ... every single commercial that came on, I watched sadly thinking I'd never get to enjoy that food again ... curse you RNY ... the good news ... it totally passed ... after a couple of days, those thoughts passed and I could watch a commercial and think "nothing tastes as good as thin is going to feel" The head hunger and the urges will pass ... I promise, it just takes some time.  Good luck!
Most Active