gallbladder issues/ gaining weight

bmhart
on 12/28/08 5:45 am - virginia beach, VA
hey there,  im almost four years post op and now having galbladder issues. my galbladder was left in after my surgery and now im having issues. recently found out that my galbladder is enlarged. is there something i can do to help with this issue?

next question- im four years out and im now at 140, considered overweight. how do i loose twenty pounds fast and keep it off? i do drink my protein drinks and have started to exercise, what else can i try?
Lady_K
on 12/29/08 10:31 am, edited 12/29/08 10:33 am - Sacramento, CA
~next question- im four years out and im now at 140, considered overweight. how do i loose twenty pounds fast and keep it off? i do drink my protein drinks and have started to exercise, what else can i try?~

I haven't had my surgery yet, but a thought would be to go back to where you started... by that I mean - do 3-4 days of just protein drinks.  If your mouth really needs something to chew on, make sure there are not carbs in it.  De-carb your pantry and frig.  Take out and toss any and all - not allowed - foods that might have crept back in.  Make sure your water intake is at 64oz or better.  After the 3-4 days, cut your portion sizes back down to a fresh post op size.  These are just thoughts from what I have read and researched. Feel free to ignore if you want.

edited for spelling

~Lady K. ~ (aka: Paula)
The second greatest power on earth is the power to CHOOSE ~ Gus S. Miller Jr.
Dr. Laura Machado - RNY - 4/7/09

bmhart
on 12/31/08 8:12 am - virginia beach, VA
thank you for your suggestions. i will try that. at this point i am willing to try anything not to go back to 240. thanks again. and good luck.
Most Active