What's the difference between.....

canlbnj
on 12/26/08 4:31 am - fanwood, NJ
1) regular oatmeal and Gerber baby oatmeal? (I asked for cream of rice and cream of wheat)

2) Gerber baby rice cereal and cream of rice cereal?

3) are any types of sf puddings allowed?  I have chocolate, tapioca and rice puddings.

I'm starting a full liquid diet tomorrow after lap RNY which can include these -- cream of rice, cream of wheat and sf pudding.  DH didn't follow my shopping list very well and I wanted to find out if I could use these before sending him back to the store to exchange them.

Thanks,
Cheryl        Lap RNY 12/22/08

Pam T.
on 12/26/08 5:58 am - Saginaw, MI
Well.... I suppose you could use the baby cereal.  Not sure how the taste will be (since I don't remember how it tasted that long ago LOL) --- but the texture is right and the nutritional stats seem alright to me.  (I checked the Gerber Rice Cereal.)  Check the label on the box he bought to make sure there's no sugar -- or at least less than 7g per serving.  Label reading is going to become your new hobby, so might as well start now.

I bought the individual packets of cream of wheat and instant oatmeal (Quaker Weight Control is the lowest sugar, highest protein).  One individual pack would last me about 3 meals at the beginning.  So don't over-buy.    And you won't be eating this stuff for very long.  As soon as you progress to soft foods the high-carb cereals will be off the menu for a long while.  I didn't start eating oatmeal again until I was about 6 months out and then it was only on occassion and only if I mixed protein powder in it.    You'll be focusing on getting in as much protein as you can at the beginning and once you can eat more solid foods you'll want to focus on meats and protein-based products like cottage cheese and high protein yogurt.

Yes, any sugar free pudding should be fine.  Check the label to see what the sugar content is.  You'll also want to be careful of some of the carby puddings like rice or tapioca simply because you'll be limiting your carbs for  a while.  And again... don't over buy on pudding and/or Jello.  I did and threw so much of it away.  LOL

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/08 6:22 am - The beautiful, US Virgin Islands......, XX

May I suggest some MUCH better for you?  Flax-z-snax is  hot flaxseed cereal that I make, that tastes so much like regular oatmeal without the carbs and it's super high in fiber.  i add a splash of cream, a dash of butter, some pureed fresh fruit and 2 packets of splenda....SUPER low carb, very low in fats....go and check it out.  I also add coconut fiber to it.  it's amazing when you add it.....  tastes so good and heps to add a ton of liquid to your system (check on the absorption of water for it and the fiber is off the chart good for you!

Aloha nu coconut fiber ---> http://www26.netrition.com/aloha_nu_coconut_fiber.html

Flax-Z-snax -----> http://www26.netrition.com/lowcarbsuccess_flaxomeal_page.htm l

Feel free to research it....  it comes in a ton of flavors and it's so terrific i hope you try it!

T.
canlbnj
on 12/27/08 7:22 am - fanwood, NJ
I answered one of my questions - about the tapioca and rice puddings... I CANNOT have those yet as I'm only 5 days out and they contain pieces!!!!
Cheryl        Lap RNY 12/22/08

greenrobinson
on 12/27/08 11:46 am
I tried this recipe and I found it awesome
1 can cream of chicken
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup cottage cheese

blend in blender until smooth, heat and eat. Delicious!
Most Active