Anyone else hate to drink?

glitzigirl
on 12/24/08 1:12 am - Teaneck, NJ
I know it is a weird problem, but every day I have to force myself to drink. Usually I can only drink like 48ozs a day. Some rare days I get 64oz in, but it is such a chore. I hate artificially sweetened drinks so I stick with water, tea or iced tea. Anyone else going through this?
wendy_fou
on 12/24/08 5:57 am - AR
Most days during the summer, I'm fine.  During the winter, I have days where I force in my 64 ounce minimum and I'm relieved to quit for the day (usually night by then). 
I'm having the reverse problem. I usually (pre-op) down 64-100 oz. a day, but now I'm lucky if I get 35-40 oz. (post-op). I have found that I'm really finicky now about what I can tolerate drinking, though. Protein drinks made with milk leave a gross, mealy taste in my mouth. So does broth. I can't drink water...tastes like metal and sits like lead in my stomach. Isopure (GNC) premade drinks are too strong and if I cut it with water, see above. 

The only thing keeping me alive and hydrated is G2, the low calorie (read: artificial sweetner) version of Gatorade. Yep, drinking is tough, but something we have to do.

-----------------------------------------

Our Lady of the Holy Rollers

That's not a tiara. I just bedazzle my horns.

Most Active