spray vitamins

Kimberly N.
on 12/17/08 1:48 pm - Anchorage, AK
Has anyone ever tried or heard anything, good or bad, about spray vitamins? 
My aunt wants me to try these.  
 www.Vitamist.com/?Click=5374
I'm currently taking Bariatric Advantage, and like them fine, but the idea of intraoral absorption sounds like it would be good for me after RNY. 

Kim 
www.losersbench.info

Pam T.
on 12/17/08 10:32 pm - Saginaw, MI

After RNY our life and good health depends upon the vitamins we take.  I personally wouldn't stake my life on something like Vitamist.  If you look at the actual ingredients of the "Multi-Vitamin" you are getting a very small amount of various B-Vitamins and substandard amount of Vitamins A, C, D, E.   Check the label on your Bariatric Advantage and compare.

Also, where are the rest of the vitamins and minerals?  We need iron, zinc, selium, phosphorous, magnesium, copper.....  none of those are included in this product.  And did you notice that you need 8 sprays of that stuff for a single dose?  Double that for a WLS dose and you'll be spraying all day long.  LOL!

The other thing that worries me about products like this is quality.  Any vitamin we choose should have the USP Verified symbol and also be manufactured according to GMP Standards.  These two standards ensure we are getting a product that uses high quality ingredients, is bioavailable, dissolvable and is tested for truth in labeling.  Be very wary of any product that doesn't bear these two symbols (and yes, this includes many of the "bariatric" vitamins coming out on the market these days).

For a comparison of several multi-vitamins, you're welcome to check out the spreadsheet I created for my own research.  I use Centrum Adult Chewables, twice a day. 
http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/2008/01/mulit-vitamin-compari son.html

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active