5 Days out and hungry

Janel E.
on 12/6/08 7:33 am
Ok i am doing the best i can on protein. I know you  need a min of 65 but on estimate with the clear protein drink i have i get 15 a serving so a max of 45 grams a day. I am having major cravings for cheese. I know i cant have them  yet  but my question really is because i had heard from someone else... Can you have tomato soup during the clear liquad/phase one phase? Also i heard that during phase two cheeze its are ok to have or basically any cracker because they puree well if you chew them well enough before swelling. Just wondering if anyone could help me here. I am tired of having the hunger pain i am getting.

(Just had surgery Dec 1, 2008, wont get to see the doctor until  Dec 11 to get my fluid bulb thingy removed and staples. And can not reach anyone at the doctors office until Monday.)
hollykim
on 12/6/08 10:43 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I am preop but I think if you post your question on the main board or the RNY board you will get a bunch of advice and suggestions. That is where most people post,I think. Good luck!
H

wendy_fou
on 12/6/08 12:44 pm - AR

The nerves have been cut in your stomach.  Also, if your surgeon performed RNY the way most surgeons perform RNY, the portion of your stomach that tells your mind/body that you are hungry has been severed.  So experiencing real hunger at this point is highly unlikely.  I'm not saying it's impossible.  I'm saying it's HIGHLY unlikely. 

You may just be experiencing head hunger, which can manifest itself via physical symptoms that mimic real physical hunger. 

I don't know who told you that you could have crackers during the clear liquid (phase one?) stage, but they were severely misinformed.  Crackers, even though they may "puree well" if you chew them well, are not a liquid. 

Also, clear liquids are any liquid that you can see through.  You cannot see through tomato soup, therefore it would not be allowed on a clear liquid diet. 

Good luck. 

Janel E.
on 12/7/08 8:59 am
Ok thanks. I didnt think so on the tomato soup . The crackers though i was told were ok on phase 2. The full liquid/puree phase.  It didnt seem right to me either.
Once again, thank you for the reply.
Most Active