Does anyone...

janeel1
on 12/3/08 5:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
Know of a good low-calorie, low carb cook book?

I would like to try some new things and of course, what better than a low-calorie cook book?

Please advise.

Thanks
wendy_fou
on 12/5/08 1:13 am - AR
There are TONS of low-calorie or low-carb cook books out there.  You can search for them via internet (like on amazon), etc. 

I really like the slow cooker / crock pot recipes.  They are super easy to make and you can make them as low-calorie/fat as you want by what you choose to add.

I put a whole chicken in my crock pot yesterday morning before leaving for work, along with a can of fat free cream soup, fresh mushrooms, onion and seasonings.  I cut some large baking potatos in half and put them around the top of it.  It was all done when I got home. 

Yummmmmmm............
kilmarlic
on 12/8/08 3:58 am - powells point, NC
The Fix it and Forget it line of cookbooks is really good (Barnes & Noble has them - as well as Kmart too). They have some books dedicated to diabetic recipes that work really well for us as they're normally low in carbs and sugar. And there's also a fix it and forget it light.

I love. love, love my copies.
- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Most Active