LA Weightloss

nichole
on 11/28/08 8:17 am - Concord, NC
Hey, everyone. I am on Medicad and Medicad requires me to be on a 6 month supervised diet before I can get Gastric Bypass. I am on the first month and have been calorie counting. I have been on it a week and I am just really bored with it because I bacically eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch...

I have an appointment for LA Weightloss. I was just wondering if anyone has been on the LA Weightloss diet? Also wondering around how much it costs and did it work for you??

Thanks in advance!
-StarrNichole
Pam T.
on 11/29/08 2:04 am - Saginaw, MI
Is LA Weightloss an approved method for your 6 month physician supervised diet docmentation?  Do you still need to see your doctor every month for weigh-ins, nutrition and exercise counseling?  Make sure you have a letter from your insurane company that spells out exactly what you need to have documented in order to get approval.

If LA Weightloss is one of the approved methods, then definitely do your research on the program.  I haven't heard many positive things about it.  Here's an article written by a blog I read often... they examine the details of certain diets and commercial diet plans and give an unbiased opinion.  But more important than the article itself ... read all the comments posted by readers who have been on the program themselves, lots of valuable information there.  Here's the link:
http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2005/03/07/la_weight_loss_ exposed.php

Good luck,
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

nursygirl
on 12/5/08 9:22 am - San Jose,, CA
I am echoing what was said in the prior post with one exception....make sure that they aren't going bankrupt.  Every LA Weightloss in the SF Bay Area has closed and gone bankrupt leaving their clients high and dry.

While I do not believe that LA Weightloss is an approved method of preop weight loss, I do believe that WW is.  Why don't you try that?  They have great recipes so you don't get bored and you have your weighins documented on your card.

Whatever you choose, good luck to you!!!

Anjanette

Anjanette

"Never let the fear of striking out get in the way of trying" George Herman "Babe" Ruth

No excuses....just do it!

turtleof3
on 12/11/08 2:12 pm - Stillwater, OK
I tried it and it was a crock.
 unproffesional and they want you to buy so much of their products it's a ripoff.

i totally advise against it.kristin
nikkib1216
on 12/16/08 6:22 am
i went there 7 years ago and was sucessful with it i loved there bars.  anyway i went back as a last resort before having my surgery. i spent around 2500.00 and two weeks later went in to be weighed and they were closed.  bankrupt.  i have called the BBB and they advised me to make a claim with the attorney general.  i did and thought it was taken care of ($2500.00) on my credit card but low and behold after nearly two years with no bills from cc company i got a judgement against me for not paying.  well here we go again, la weightloss screwed me big time.  No i would not recomend them for the fact they did not tell me what was going on.  i am a one household income with a disabled husband and two kids.  so i am trying to work this massive debt out by the way with finance charges and over limit charges and everything else. i owe a whopping 4230.00.  so Thank you LAWL.

Good luck
Nikki

lizzybear
on 1/4/09 12:53 pm, edited 1/4/09 12:55 pm - Olympia, WA
I just saw your post and am hoping you have opted to try Weigh****chers or another reputable diet program or that you checked with your medical plan to see what they considered a "supervised diet."  My medical plan assigned me a case manager and I had to submit weekly food and exercise logs and lose 10% of my weight in order to be approved for surgery.  That was the only thing they accepted as a supervised diet.

But I wanted to pass this along (as a former LA WeightLoss patient who spent tons of money on joining and the items they push on you telling you that the program won't work without their special foods).  Our state sued them - here's the article from our Attorney General's website:  http://www.atg.wa.gov/pressrelease.aspx?&id=4348.  I wasn't even aware of the lawsuit until I received a check in the mail for over $4,800 I had spent on their program and I called to find out what was going on.

I wish you the best in your diet process and future surgery.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active