Clean Eating

cyndy40
on 11/23/08 10:54 pm - Beaumont, TX

Does anyone know about Clean Eating, or are you following these guidelines?  It is much like I eat now, except, no artificial sweetners are used.  Sweetners: stevia, sucanant, maple flakes, and blue agave syrup.  I am just wondering how these go along with the sugar free lifestyle of a post op. 

Jennifer K.
on 11/23/08 11:48 pm - Phoenix , AZ
I am not sure about Clean Eating but wanted to say I dont completely follow a sugar free lifestyle... I do drink diet drinks  but I stay away from 'sugar free' foods (cept gum) for the most part... many of them cause the lovely laxative effect on me, or they give me horrible gas. Most NUTs give a guideline of how much sugar to stay under in a serving and I stick to that instead... if I am going to have a sweet treat Id rather have a little of the real thing then some fakey version .

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

cyndy40
on 11/24/08 6:19 am - Beaumont, TX
Thanks for the response, Jennifer!  I am just weighing my options.  I really believe that the substitutes are causing me to crave sweets.
jlmartin
on 11/24/08 4:56 am - Random Lake, WI
I tried to use natural sweeteners for a while: Agave, Honey, Maple Syrup, etc.  The problem I ran into is that they have CALORIES and I could not use them in sufficient quantity to make good tasting food without having satiety suffer.

I'm now mostly natural but have made concessions for Splenda et.al.

cyndy40
on 11/24/08 6:21 am - Beaumont, TX
I was afraid of this very thing.  The calorie count being too high to make using these sweetners worth the while. Although, I have used stevia for years and find a small amount of it goes a long way.  The only thing about stevia is that you can't cook with it.
Most Active