Daily Caloric Intake?

Donna P.
on 11/23/08 11:03 am - Sterling Hts, MI
Hello!

I have honestly lost my way as far as following my liquids and protein on a daily basis over the past 2+ months due to personal family problems that were unavoidable and very important.

I don't think that I'm losing the weight that I should be losing for as far out post op that I am, not to mention how much weight I had to lose.

I have never been told how many calories I should be consuming on a daily basis.  I know 64 oz of fluids, and I think it's 63 grams of protein, but I can't remember.  I don't have a regular dietician or nutritionist and would appreciate any assistance I can get here.

What can I do to pick up the weight loss and move it along a bit quicker?  I lost my first 31 pounds of this weight in the first month post op, and it has taken me 5+ months to lose the other 33.  I am desperate and could really truly use a shove in the right direction.  I don't want to fail.

Sincerely,
Donna P.

Jennifer K.
on 11/23/08 11:45 pm - Phoenix , AZ
Its hard to say - many times how many calories depends on how much you had bypassed along with surgeon/NUT preference... those with more bypassed typically eat more than those with less bypassed. The amount of calories I was told to consume changed many times over the first 6 months then a few times there after. I see you had surgery in May so at 6 months out I was to be eating 800-1000 calories...  the amount of protein I was to be eating was 40% of my calories... I think 63 is ok but I suggest you aim for the 80-100 range.. you will see better results upping the protein - you can go to online calculators and find out how much protein a normal person of your height/weight should be eating and go off that or the 40% rule. 
My surgeon bypasses on the low end, approx 80cm, those with more bypassed I have run across were eating a couple hundred calories more than me at 6 months out. I would suggest checking with other patients of your surgeon and see what they say... also try and find ourself a NUT to help you out, if you dont have any in your area there are ones that offer help via online/phone etc... my NUT was my biggest tool and really helped me learn how to keep the weight off after losing it.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Most Active