Nausiated

Dawn L.
on 11/23/08 10:55 pm
Since having my RNY surgery 4 months ago, I am constantly nausiated. My nutritionist has added/subtracted certain foods from my diet, changed my eating times and even had me eat my lunch as my breakfast to see if that would work but nothing has.

Besides living with a bottle of pepto near me at all times, what else can I try to get rid of this feeling?

Dawn

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/2/08 4:47 am
3 months post RNY i become nauseated after I eat or drunk.  Finally i discovered that my pouch did not like cold drinks.  I started making warm protein drinks instead.  I also added ginger teas (you can buy that in most grocery or health food stores) I drank 2-4 warm/ hot ginger teas a day.  It helped.   I also would get nauseated if i cooked food at home or if I smell cooked food (some) .

3 months after that my gallbladder failed completely and had to be removed.   So my nausea was most likely due to my gallbladder not working right.  Now I am recovering from the surgery, and not sure if the issue is fixed.  I still drink my ginger tea, and that helps a lot. 

You need to find what makes you nauseated.  They try to limit or eliminate that.  And find food that you pouch like.  One last note: if i got nauseated in the morning - i would have the nausea for the rest of the day no matter what I tried, so it was very important to me not to get nausea in the first place.  Not sure if that helps you. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Dawn L.
on 12/2/08 7:40 pm
Thanks for the tips. I also have nausea first thing in the morning and yes, if it starts this way then the rest of the day is crap.

Smell is a big issue for me. When I was at training, they were cooking dinner in the diner down the hall and I ended up having to leave mid-class due to nausea.

I am meeting with my surgeon next week so maybe he will have answers for me. Like I said, the nutritionist has been trying to help but nothing is working.  I have tried vanilla tea but will try ginger tea instead.

Thanks again!

Dawn

Most Active