How do I settle my tummy?

ladybug1211
on 11/15/08 12:10 pm
Hi!
I've been dumping quite a bit lately.  I am 6 mo post lap RNY.  I eat slow, chew, chew chew and still get the foamies, thowing up and generally feeling poopie.  What can I do to settle my tummy?  I've tried herbal tea, papaya enzimes and protein drinks.  Nothing seems to help.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Amy

At Goal!   Dance of happiness!  
5/08               280 lbs   Size 26
9/08               199 lbs   Onederland!  
7/09               135 lbs  Size 9!  GOAL!! Whoopie!
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal to throw at someone else,,you are the one who gets burned!  Buddah

Pam T.
on 11/16/08 1:36 am - Saginaw, MI
Amy 

I think it really depends on what you're eating each time.  Different solutions will work in different situations.  

Dumping and foamies are two completely different things.  Dumping is caused by what you eat (high sugar, high fat, high carbs, etc.) so to prevent it you need to figure out what the wrong foods are and avoid them.  Foamies are usually caused when you get food stuck because you're eating too fast, too big of bites or continuing to eat after you're full -- so to prevent it, you need to figure out what the exact cause is and avoid doing it.  

Whenever I dump -- which is not often since I have a pretty high sugar tolerence level -- there's nothing I can do but wait it out.  

When I get the foamies and irritate my pouch I usually lay off the dense, solid foods and switch to soft foods or liquids for the rest of the day to give my pouch a break.  Papaya enzymes only work when you have protein (meat) stuck.  I usually chew about 3 or 4 of them spaced out about 3 minutes apart and I feel better within 10-15 minutes.   Hot tea works when I switch to liquids to sooth my pouch - I don't really love the taste of tea so don't do this often.

Good luck
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Veronnie
on 12/3/08 8:39 am - Castro Valley, CA
When I got the foamies, I would sip hot peppermint tea. It helped me. But I just had to wait it out or throw up otherwise.

I have a high tolerance for sugar too, I have only dumped a few times, and I usually just lay down and wait it out.

H: 6'2; HW: 440; WLS: 411; Dr. Goal: 220; LW: 206; CW: 283; RNY: 10/15/07; Panni: 6/12/09; Blind Loop: 8/19/19

Most Active