no matter what i eat i don't seem to be losing

mamaliz45
on 11/10/08 6:05 am - norwich, NY
hello all::

i need some advise...no matter what i do i'm not losing any weight..i'm stuck..i'm having problems eating some solids..it hurts too much..so i've been sticking with soup and jerky..i'm walking alot more and able to move alot better but the weight dosen't want to come off..and i can eat alot more than i'm suppose to be able too..any advise will be helpful thank you i had rny 8/12/08
Flipman416
on 11/12/08 11:39 pm - Chino Hills, CA
Wow Im sorry, just keep a positive attitude and keep on fighting it takes your body awhile sometimes to start getting used to new things.
charity3
on 11/13/08 11:01 am - Bay Area, CA
How much weight have you lost so far?  Were you dieting before surgery?  I have been told that if you diet before surgery that you will lose weight slowler at first.  Could you just be at a plateau?  How much weight do you have to lose?  That could make a difference also.  Are you getting enough protein and water?  If not those two things alone will make your body hold on to the weight?  Just some questions to ponder....How do you know you can eat alot more than you are supposed too?  Have you been?  That could also be a problem.  You need to be keeping a very detailed food journal so you can look back or your nut can and figure out what the problem is.  Good luck, it is hard!
Steph_L
on 11/15/08 4:19 am - MN
I also keep hearing that people tend to stall out around 3 months.  It's frustrating as hell but of you just keep doing all the right things you'll start losing again.

I also think you should check with your doctor on that pain,.

Good luck!

Steph
Start: 420  |  Day of Surgery: 381 | Current: 223 | Goal: 199 Milestones:
100+ pounds lost
Under 250 pounds (first time in decades)
Weigh less than husband for first time
Most Active