FLATULENCE!!!! GAS!!!!

Vicuna
on 11/7/08 10:15 pm - Herminie, PA

My four year anniversary was on November 4th.. The thing I've had and am still having trouble with is 'FLATULENCE'!
Any new thoughts on getting rid of it and the terrible odor would be greatly appreciated. Mine is so severe that it has actually kept me from continuing to date a really nice guy. I was so fearful of passing the terrible gas that I just stopped accepting invitations. I am a prisoner of the GAS that I experience. I've tried many things with little or no success. I know I am not the only person with this problem. If you would be kind enough to tell me what things you have tried to remedy this problem...I would be eternally grateful. Take care everyone...and God bless. Vicki

mystic
on 11/8/08 7:34 pm - manchester, NJ
i know some people have had success with Devrom.  its usually advertised on the main board page here with some of the other product ads, but im sure you could google it too.

please dont make yourself a prisoner of this gas, talk to a doc

be safe and well, jacki

Vicuna
on 11/8/08 8:09 pm - Herminie, PA
Thanks Jacki, I will give it a try. This one my doc has never mentioned. My middle name has been changed to 'Simethicone'  :). Thanks again and to you too...be safe and well. Vicki
avidreader
on 11/11/08 11:00 am - Cary, NC
I use Devrom and it does work for me if I take it regularly.  My husband and son are greatful I found the Devrom and I will never let it run out.  Just follow the directions and up it a little if you need to. 

I keep a bottle at work, in my purse and at home at all times.  

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Vicuna
on 11/11/08 11:21 am - Herminie, PA
Thanks...you are the second person to recommend Devrom so apparently it is a good choice. I will try it right away. Hard to believe how something seemingly as simple as gas can take control of your life. My family will appreciate the end of this problem and thanks to the responses from you and Jacki I will get my life back. Thanks so much. Blessings to you and yours, Vicki
berts4
on 11/13/08 2:47 am - Rock City, IL
Hi there!
There is no reason to be a prisoner of gas.  I have never tried Devrom, but I USED to have the same problem and my family was having a bit of a problem with it also.

I started taking probiotics, in the form af acidophilus and it has fixed the problem remarkably.

Originally, I had heard of "Pearls" sold in by the Gas-X in the drug store or Wal-Mart.  I thought it was expensive, so I looked at the ingredients which were "1 billion CFU Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium longum"----Then I found Acidophilus on the shelf by the vitamins at 1 billion CFU and bought them----much less expensive.  I took one morning and night and have not had any problems since.  250 tablets were $ 8.89.

I got my last bottle from Vitacost and only take one per day and they still work great.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Vicuna
on 11/13/08 11:14 am - Herminie, PA
Hi Dawn,
Thanks for another alternative and a bit more affordable. I will give both a try and hopefully one ot the other will give me my life back. Thanks so much for the information...I really appreciate it.
Take care and God bless, Vicki
skategirl66
on 11/25/08 3:32 am
Hi, I am four years out nov 30th. I have found that taking beef and pork out of my diet completely solved the problem for me. I eat plenty of chicken and fish. If you haven't tried that, I highly suggest it. I know the embarrassment can be life altering. Good Luck!
Tracey67
on 12/15/08 9:17 am - Surrey, Canada
Hi Vicki,
I can totally relate to the gas problem.  I have been searching for answers as well.  I am 3 years out and the gas is getting worse!  I am scaring my family...and I think my husband is getting turned off in the sex part of it!  I need help with it too!  I will try the ideas above and see if they work! 
Let me know if you find anything else that may work.
Good luck Vicki and thanks for the post!
Tracey
Most Active