eating out

Michele G.
on 11/6/08 7:28 pm - NY
     I everyone I am only 6 weeks out from lap band surgery but I am wondering what restaurants you are chosing when or if you go out to eat.  I'm sure some places offer a better choice of band friendly food than others.  Just want ideas for the next time mine or my finace's family want to go to dinner.  Also what type of dishes do you choose at the restaurants you go to. 

~Michele
Jennifer K.
on 11/7/08 12:22 am - Phoenix , AZ
I am not banded but here is some advice - look online before you go to any resturant, most have menus online and many have nutritional information as well - if they dont offer nutritional information many other sites do and you can get a good idea of whats in something prior to you eating it. Dont be afraid to ask the kitchen to modify something and always ask questions (resturants love to sneak in fat/salt/sugar where they can!). You can always bring your own food as well, I did this *many* times, as long as other people were eating I didnt care... nobody every said anything to me about it either. Sometimes I will just order something small and eat what I brought. Soups are always easy, just have to watch anything cream based because its higher/fat calories (mind you I had RNY, not sure what you banders have to look for!). Also watch out for appetizers since most are fried but sometimes there are good choices there as well - anything protein based is good, you can always not eat the bread its on (burgers, chicken etc).

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Forkpower
on 11/16/08 3:40 am
I had VSG and have already gone out several times, even though I am only six weeks out.

Souplantation (aka Sweet Tomatoes), California Pizza Kitchen, PF CHang's, and Olive Garden were pleasurable experiences.  I just ate soup and did not have a problem. 
Most Active