Almost at goal, how do I stop???

Johy0382
on 11/3/08 10:24 pm - Homestead, FL
I am 7 lbs away from goal...how do I stop once I get there??? I do not want to loose anymore...I am very happy with my results and by all means, that is the perfect goal weight for my 5'7" small frame.

I do not want to battle with the whole underweight issue that seems to plague many and having to struggle to gain again, so how do I stop and maintain???

Please help me understand!

Thank you!!!!

My son needs a HEALTHY mom for YEARS TO COME!
Proof that miracles CAN happen....I'm THIN!!!!

Pam T.
on 11/3/08 10:34 pm - Saginaw, MI
You'll need to start adding more calories to your daily intake.  Start with an extra 100 calories per day each wee****il the scale stops moving.  It might take several weeks until you figure out your correct maintenance level of calories.

Add sensible calories with a mix of nutrients - protein, complex carbs and healthy fats.  This basically equals one extra snack per day.

Congratulations on your success!
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Tracey
on 11/4/08 7:19 pm - NY
Your body will take care of itself. You can do what the previous poster told you, however, you must know that this it is common for people to go under their goal by a few pounds at first, but usually bounce right back up to the goal or above if they aren't careful. Your body will stop when it is ready to stop. Don't fret over it. If you have been doing things right, your body will do right for you (in most cases). I am 5 years post surgery and 15 pounds above goal...yes, I have some work to do. I went 6 pounds below goal and bounced right back up to where I should have been in about a month.
Jennifer K.
on 11/5/08 10:12 pm - Phoenix , AZ
My NUTS maintenance plan calls for 30% protein, 40% carbs and 30% fat. As for how many calories I would start adding 100 calories every few weeks to find out what will keep you from losing.
I would also suggest getting a metabolism test to find out exactly what YOUR body needs, easiest way to build your eating plan :-)

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

A Q.
on 11/21/08 10:52 am - Houston, TX
I agree with all the previous posters, however I would NOT try to stop the weight loss unless you get to a point where you are underweight.
It is very UNCOMMON to get underweight.

Like the other posters said, you may lose down below where you want to be, but in most cases, it will not remain that way. You may wish for a cushion for when the inevitable "bounceback" occurs.

I had the same thought before considering surgery. once i had surgery, the problem has not presented itself. Actually, I never got to the goal weight that I wanted, and certainly did not get "too small' like I thought I would.  It took me 9 months after WLS and a tummy tuck to get to the size I desired to be.

Almost 1 yr after the tummy tuck, I "bounced" back by 10 pounds up to 150. 

I am 5'2 small framed and my lowest weight was 133. I was happiest at 133-135 although I wanted to get to 125-130.

For me to be "underweight", would mean to get to 120 or below, never got close.

Make sure to monitor your weight, maybe not daily or weekly but at least once a month so that you can see the changes that your body is making. Take your measurements too and track them so that you can gauge whether you need to tweak your eating and/or exercise habits.

Good luck to you.

Angela

"What you make happen for others, God will make happen for you."

RNY - 12/8/06 ; WT 233.6 ; Goal WT 130 ; Height 5'2
Tummy tuck - 9/24/07;  breast lift/reduction October 2012

Angela in Houston

Most Active