Any Recipes?

showers
on 11/2/08 6:14 am - TN

I am on soft foods and I am having a hard time finding new things to eat.  Does anyone have any recipes? I am tired of refried beans and eggs. I am also not doing well with peanut butter either. HELP!!!!!!!!

queenlatta
on 11/2/08 9:00 am - Latta, SC
Go to Eggface's blog.  Here's a link I had saved: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html

It takes you to pureed but look around..she has everything!
Laura
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all for the glory of God"  ICorin 10:31
berts4
on 11/4/08 12:33 am - Rock City, IL

Here's a list that I collected from various sources when I was first post-op:  I hope something here appeals to you.

Vanilla Egg Custard

4 large eggs
1 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cups evaporated low-fat or non-fat milk
1/2 cup splenda granular
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Freshly grated nutmeg

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place 6 custard cups or ramekins in a large roasting pan and set aside. Whisk together the eggs, milk, evaporated milk, splenda, vanilla and salt. Pour through a fine mesh sieve (strainer) into a large measuring cup. Divide evenly amoung the custard cups and grate the nutmeg over each one. Pour enough ho****er in the roasting pan to come about halfway up the sides of the custard cups. Bake 25-35 minutes, until the custards are just set in the center. Carefully remove the custards from the water bath and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve chilled.

Ricotta mixed with a little marinara and microwaved about 30 seconds  (Tastes just like a ravioli without the pasta)

Ricotta mixed with sugar-free jam or jelly or even Davinci syrup if you want something sweet

Heat up string cheese til it was flat, put a little dab of spaghetti sauce on it, and put cottage cheese on top. It is like lasagna - without the meat and noodles

Yogurt, with protein mixed in

Sugar free jams mixed in with cottage or ricotta cheese.

Cottage cheese with Splenda and cinnamon

Pumpkin Pie Ricotta
1/4 c canned pumpkin
1/4 c ricotta cheese
2 tbsp Matrix vanilla protein
2 pkgs splenda
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Mix all together until smooth and dig in! Yummy!

Cream Cheese Spread
8 ounces low fat cream cheese
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
garlic, chopped, or garlic powder to taste
3 or 4 finely chopped green onions
Finely chopped water chestnuts (amount is up to you!) (can be left out for early soft)
1/2 teaspoon Season salt

Mix thoroughly, refrigerate for a couple of hours to allow flavors to marry.

You can spread on deli meat then roll up.
You could make this into a cheese bal by chopping up chipped beef, put half in the cheese, roll the cheese into a ball and roll in the other half of the finely chopped beef. chill. 

Cheesecake Popsicles
1 pkg cream cheese
lg box sf jello disolved in 2 c boiling water-any flavor
mix well and pour in to popsickle molds or ice cube trays!

Yummy Carmel Apple
Wash, peel and slice an apple (I prefer tart, crisp apples). Put it in a microwavable bowl, add a smidgen of water (and splenda if desired), then cover. Micro-steam until soft. Drain off liquid, then mash apple until your needed texture. When I was futher out, I left the apples just sliced and didn't mash them. But in the beginning, I mashed them to whatever texture I was supposed to be eating. After the apples are the consistancy you need, add Sugar Free Butterscotch Jello (dried, no milk added) to taste (I am guessing about 1/8 of a box per apple (but that is just a guess). A dollop of whipped cream mixed in and you have a delicous carmel apple. Can be kept in the fridge for a day or so.

Maryland Shrimp Spread
¼ cup serving Calories 73, fat 3g, net carbs 4g, protein 15g
Makes 2 ½ cups

1 pound cooked shrimp
¼ cup Hellmann’s Reduced Fat mayonnaise
3 scallions chopped
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning

Pulse shrimp in food processor until ground but still chunky. Transfer to bowl. Place scallions, mayonnaise, and Old Bay in food processor and pulse until scallions are very finely chopped. Scrape flavored mayonnaise to bowl with shrimp, and combine, adding a little water for desired texture.

Hot Cocoa (13 grams protein)
1 tablespoon Splenda
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons dried milk powder
8 ounces non-fat milk
Dash salt
Few drops good quality vanilla

Blend Splenda, unsweetened cocoa, dried milk powder and salt in large mug. Blend in milk, stirring until dissolved. Microwave 1 minute on high or until hot. Can also heat in saucepan on stove.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

God's Special
Creation

on 11/13/08 2:07 am - CA
Glad you shared. These are some great recipes. Good luck to you on your journey.

Smooches

Angie

Highest weight: 291 lbs, At Surgery: 268, Current: 198 lbs, Goal: 160-150 lbs

"Happiness is like perfume; you can't pour it on somebody else without gettting a few drops on yourself."-James Van Der Zee
berts4
on 11/13/08 2:33 am - Rock City, IL
Thank you very much angie!

Good luck to you an your journey also.  Just follow directions and keep at it.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active