Anxiousness/Panic

2beskinnymammy
on 10/28/08 1:57 pm - AL
VSG on 10/10/17
My friend is about 6 weeks post op rny and has what she calls mini panic anxious attacks everytime she eats anything.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I told her I would try and find out for her on this site.  The doctor didn't seem to be too worried. She says it only lasts a few minutes after she eats.  Thanks!!

Pam T.
on 10/29/08 12:12 am - Saginaw, MI
After surgery we are going through a MAJOR transitional time regarding our relationship with food. It is very common to have emotional reactions to the food we eat ... or the food we can't eat.  It's like going through a divorce or losing a best friend or breaking a drug addiction - there are emotions attached that can carry over into physical reactions.

If it becomes a problem that prevents her from eating normally, she needs to seek some psychological help.  She definitely needs to deal with the mental part of this whole journey and if she can't do it on her own, then seeking medical help is absolutely normal and recommended.  We all got morbidly obese for a reason and until we deal with those reasons and figure out how to have a healthy relationship with food ... we can't fix the chronic disease of obesity. 

Good luck to your friend.
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active