Breakfast question.

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/08 10:51 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I have "breakfast club" on Sunday morning... and this is my first one since before my RNY surgery.  I'm somewhat stumped on what to eat.  I hate eggs... haven't eaten them for most of my life.  I figure I could have some bacon or some sausage but what else?  I could eat a quarter piece of toast.  I don't know.  I don't want anything like pancakes or a waffle... tooooooo many carbs there.   I know they have skillets... I could eat some of the meat and the veggies in a skillet and take the rest home.

Any suggestions?
Pam T.
on 10/24/08 12:08 am - Saginaw, MI
Are you going to a restaurant?  If so, go to their website and check out their menu which is usually posted online.  If it's a major chain, you can also check out www.dietfacts.com and look up the nutritional information for menu items. 

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/08 12:44 am - Milwaukee, WI
I am going to a restaurant and it's just a little local place with no website.  I was thinking about some bacon and fresh fruit.  That should do it for me. 
Pam T.
on 10/24/08 12:49 am - Saginaw, MI
Are you allowed to have fresh fruit yet?  I think I wasn't cleared for fresh fruit and veggies until I was 3 months out.   If you're cleared for fruit already, then yes.. definitely give it a shot. 

Bacon is very high in fat.  Have you eaten it before?  If not, a restrauant might not be the best place to try it for the first time.  Many people dump on fat, so be careful.  Maybe there's a lower-fat option like ham?

Maybe try a bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat?

If it's a small local place, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with you bringing your own food ... a cup of low-sugar yogurt or a protein shake, maybe?  

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/08 12:57 am - Milwaukee, WI
Well I've had turkey bacon already with no bad effects.  Actually I've not had a problem with any food so far.  I have had "some" fresh fruit, i.e. grapes, strawberries and melons, nothing hard like apples.  No hard foods... except meat and then it's been mostly fish.  I hate oatmeal, cream of wheat and stuff like that .... I've never been a traditional breakfast eater because of my dislikes.  Anyway, thanks for the recommendation of ham, I didn't think of that.  It is definitely a better alternative to bacon.

nursygirl
on 12/5/08 9:35 am - San Jose,, CA
You could have steak (as in steak and eggs) or a hamburger patty.  You would just have to ask if the restaurant that you are going to will make you a hamburger patty.  If they have veggie patties or Boca burgers you could have that.

I finally figured out that just because I was going out for "breakfast" didn't mean I had to eat "breakfast" foods like eggs or oatmeal.

WLS teaches us to think outside the box....so....have a hamburger for breakfast!!

Whatever you decide to eat, enjoy the company that you are with and the rest will take care of itself.

Anjanette

Anjanette

"Never let the fear of striking out get in the way of trying" George Herman "Babe" Ruth

No excuses....just do it!

Nahealani
on 10/24/08 7:06 am - vancouver, WA
If I didn't like eggs I think I would have some oatmeal and maybe a small piece of ham.   I had sausage last week and my stomach was turning.  I don't know if it was because it was spicy or the fat.  Let me tell you I ain't going to try it for another few months. 

5'4": Surgery 240/Current 135/Goal 140 = 105 lbs lost!!!  BMI 22.5 I'm Normal  

6 Years Later highest 198 / Current 176 / Goal 140
Hit Goal on 5/14/09 8 months out! 
  Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Tammy H.
on 11/3/08 10:44 pm - Greenville, OH
I wouldnt eat the bacon unless it was turkey bacon...You might try a slice of ham...Or turkey if they have it...Perhaps have some cottage cheese with it, or applesauce, fruit dish...Be careful of the skillet dinners because most are so fatty...When I go to Bob Evans I will tell them to not cook my food in oils or butters, so they use vegetable spray...Dont be afraid to ask how foods are prepared, whats in the foods, and ask about portion size...Good luck, Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/08 10:53 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I had ham and a half a slice of whole wheat toast with a little peanut butter. 

Unfortunately for me, I'm not much of a breakfast food person so it's always difficult.  But what I had worked out well.
Tammy H.
on 11/3/08 11:04 pm - Greenville, OH
I am glad that your breakfast worked out good for you...Thanks for letting me know what you decided on...I am such a curious person...My sweetie Brad gave me the nickname of cupcake about 7 years ago, but often says that He should of named me Curious George...HAHA...I am always asking questions, and wanting to learn...I tend to get on his nerves sometimes by asking so many questions...have a great day, Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Most Active