Skins Question

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/08 12:48 am - Milwaukee, WI
I'm full of questions this morning.  hehe 
I love grapes... I don't want to peel them.  What is the story on skins?  I don't have an appointment with my Nut until November 6th.  The only thing I've read is that skins are hard to digest.  So how does that affect me?  I always thought skins were hard to digest anyway.  I'm not trying to find a away around the not eating skins... I'll happily peel but I've already had grapes a number of times with no ill effects. 
wendy_fou
on 10/25/08 1:50 pm - AR
I have heard warnings about skins.  (I started hearing these warnings after I had already been eating fruit with the skins left on for months.)

I have never had ANY issues with skins.  HOWEVER, I actually follow the directions of my surgeon's program and chew EVERYTHING about 30 times before swallowing it.  So the skins are broken up by my teeth in chewing, I'm sure. 
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/08 10:44 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Me too.  I chew everything really well.  In all of my searching I can't find anything about skins other than they don't always digest the easiest. 
Jennifer K.
on 11/5/08 10:16 pm - Phoenix , AZ

I was told no skins/seeds/citrus until 4 months out or so - however I ate all the above with no problem... each surgeon has different guidelines thou. The reason my surgeon gave was they can get stuck along with way in the new plumbing (scared me with a story of going in to get a piece of stuck pineapple - yucko! I did stay away from citrus but ate skins/nuts early).

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Most Active