when to start certain foods

heather23451
on 10/20/08 4:05 am - virginia beach, VA
hi. i'm a little over 4 weeks post op and was wondering when i can start certain foods & seasonings. I was wondering about pepper, onions, salsa, pickles, mustard, ketchup. trying to find new things to add to my chicken salad. lol. also wondering when i can have like a grilled cheese or crackers. if you think of any other foods that would be good to try at this stage please let me know because i've been living on yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, and things of that nature. thanks.
H.A.L.A B.
on 10/20/08 6:35 am
You need to ask your doc or your nut. every office has different guidelines.

Until you do, check this:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/nutrition/Nutritional-Guid elines-Following-Weight-Loss-Surgery.html

Hope this will help until you see your doc

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/08 1:01 am - Milwaukee, WI
That link definitely helped me.  Thanks! 

I am also someone who is somewhat unsure as to what I'm supposed to be eating.  My Nut's office rescheduled my post-op followup to almost another month away from the original date so I feel a little lost in the woods.  I'm thinking about calling them today and finding out what I really should and shouldn't be eating at this point.  I'm pretty sure it's mostly soft foods yet which is fine with me.  I can't deal with hard food yet, even if I do chew the heck out of it.
Most Active