Yogurt...?

Shanna L.
on 10/12/08 1:26 am - Canada
Hi, I have just joined this site after my sister found it for me searching my surgery. I am having the sleeve gastorectomy on Nov 24th and I have been asked to lose 10-15 pounds before surgery. Im going to be on a pre-op diet 3 weeks before surgery that consists of ONLY chicken/turkey/fish, cottage cheese *yuck*, water, milk and Yogurt...Most of this food unfortunatly I dont like, but I will have to eat it.

Im hoping someone can tell me a good yogurt to eat, as I think I will pretty much be living on it for 3 weeks. It HAS to be No/Low fat, artificailly sweetened and must have NO chunks...it can be flavoured, but no chunks. So If anyone can help me out here, It would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks so much :)
Pam T.
on 10/13/08 2:14 am - Saginaw, MI
I don't like cottage cheese either and survived just fine with my other choices.  :-)  I was really hoping my tastes would change after surgery and I'd suddenly love cottage cheese, but no luck. 

Not sure what stores are in your area, but the yogurt I eat is from Kroger and it's called Carb Master (it's their store brand).  You can also check out the greek yogurts that are available -- I personally don't like it, but many people do.

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Shanna L.
on 10/13/08 5:53 am - Canada
Thanks Pam. Im in Ontario Canada and I have never heard of that type of yogurt...but thanks. Im hoping maybe someone from my area will be able to give me tips on some "canadian" food..Lol.
Stella-Blue
on 10/13/08 2:10 pm - Where the four winds blow me safely home, NY
Get some fat free sugarfree fruit on the bottom and force it through a mesh sieve.  That's what I did on the no chunks diet.  I used Wegmans generic.  I'm from Buffalo NY and Wegmans is a chain here.

Start: 487 lbs (8/07) Lost 81 lbs pre op on South Beach. 406 lbs at surgery (6/08). 179 post op, by 2011. I  lost 308 lbs. Gained 98 while pregnant (2012-13) lost all but 25. My goal is to be 179 again!
   siggy1 photo b83557eb-1c5e-4e0a-90b7-89760c2e36e2.jpg   Two years after that.... photo 44fcb3ac-18c4-4dfd-bf38-d324f956cf75.jpg      photo c2781653-fea8-4141-8cac-f0889127d077.jpg  I could not be happier. 

emilyahnna
on 10/30/08 3:12 am
I get either the Fage or the Greek non-fat, yogurt from Trader Joes.  Then I either add equal and vanilla extract or some low sugar jam or a drop or tow of the sugar free syrups they have out there.  If you go to bariatriceating.com she has a whole line of these sugar free syrups that will flavor anything to your taste - they are great.
penthilisea
on 11/13/08 11:13 am - Milford, NJ
The greek yogurt is the BEST! Smooth and yummy even with no fat!
glitter graphicsglitter graphicsglitter graphics

Mal: "Well, my days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt" Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

szymbal
on 10/30/08 1:05 pm - montreal, Canada
Hey, we are surgery date buddies -- well close enough, I am the day after.

My favorite yogurt of all time: Liberty, plain, 2%.  They make a 0.1%, but it's a little thin, and nauseating.  I think it is the 2% fat that makes the other one so good. 

If you can't stand the idea of plain yogurt -- used to hate it, a friend of mine got me started on it - add some fresh or frozen fruit -- pureed of course/jam/or even sugar.

Good luck to you!
Most Active