protein shakes

weinerdoglover
on 10/11/08 6:02 am - st. peter's, MO
i had my gastric bypass surgery done about 3 years ago. I am approx 20 pounds from my goal. I keep losing the same 5 pounds over and over again which is very frustrating. I have discussed this with the dietician at the dr's office and she seems to think i am not getting enough protein. I hate the powdered protein mixes (both whey and soy) because of the "floaties". I have also tried advantage and adkins and they have some awful after tastes. Any suggestions that can be made would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to lose my last 20 pounds before the end of the year.
Pam T.
on 10/12/08 10:10 am - Saginaw, MI
By 3 years out you should easily be able to eat 80-100g of protein from food sources.  If you need to supplement your food with protein shakes, you'll probably have to start experimenting with some samples.  I had to try 4 dozen different flavors/brands before I found a few that I liked enough to buy a whole jar of.  I started with the 21-flavor pack from www.enjoyhealth.com .  There's a list in my profile of other places to find samples both online and locally. 

You really won't have a problem with floaties or lumps with protein powder if you mix it right.  I use a good blender and mix it with either water, milk, crystal light or juice (depending on my recipe) and sometimes add things like fruit or sugar free flavored syrups.  

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

amycarb
on 10/20/08 9:44 am - San Antonio, TX
penthilisea
on 11/13/08 11:14 am - Milford, NJ
How do you feel about fruit based smoothies? I have become a total Vega Smoothie Infusion junkie- its vegan plant based hi fiber no articfical junk etc. I mix that with acai juice, frozen blue berries, a banana and some greek yogurt- delicious!
glitter graphicsglitter graphicsglitter graphics

Mal: "Well, my days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt" Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Most Active