Pureed stage question

Heather B.
on 10/5/08 5:04 pm - Hunstville, AL
Tomorrow I start my puree stage.  I'm wondering a couple things. 
~First of all, my list from my surgeon says that I can have 4 oz of cottage cheese.  I bought some small curd 4oz cups.  What I'm wondering is if I can eat it from the cup, or do I need to blend it or anything? 
~I know I can have refried beans, but do I need to also blend them, or can I just mash them up?  If I blend them, what is best to blend them with?
~Also I was wondering if I might can mix a couple of frozen blueberries into my protein shake, or will this cause dumping?  I really am not liking my current protein shake that well. 
~Finally can I have quiche?
Never, Never, Never give up! -Winston Churchill
HW: 341/PreOp: 326/Current: 312/Goal: 150

dandte
on 10/5/08 9:03 pm - Cedar Springs, MI
I used the low fat small curd and just chewed it and had no problem, didn't blend it at all.  The canned Ole Paso refried beans that I bought were all ready mashed, so I just heated 1/2 a cup put a dab of low fat sour cream and a little bit of low fat cheese on them, they were fine and sat fine in the pouch.   As far as the blueberries,  I am not sure, my Nut. said nothing but bananas and cooked applesauce for now.  I go next week for my next post op, maybe she will add blueberries for me.......that would be nice.  Hope this helps.  The best to you on your journey. 

Heather B.
on 10/6/08 3:14 am - Hunstville, AL
Thank you.  Yes, I'm going to try the cottage cheese now! 
Never, Never, Never give up! -Winston Churchill
HW: 341/PreOp: 326/Current: 312/Goal: 150

Most Active