Protein Drinks

annetteaz
on 10/5/08 8:42 am - Tucson, AZ
Hello, I'm 9 days post-op and I'm currently having a hard time taking in all of my protein.  I am required to take at least 60g; however with any type of protein I seem to have to take large amounts and I can't seem to take it all in.  Is there any other protein that anyone may recommend where it is not required to drink as much?  Maybe something that has large amounts of protein where I can take at most 2 times a day?  I'm currently taking one with 17g per scoop but I have to take it at least 4 times a day and each time it's at least 8oz.  Any info will help. Thank you!
dandte
on 10/5/08 9:52 am - Cedar Springs, MI
I just love Syntrax Nectar in Roadside Lemonade or the Fuzzy Navel one.  They have 23 grams of protein and only 90 calories and 0 sugar.  they taste WONDERFUL.  You just mix them with water.
I order them at www.vitaminshoppe.com  They seem to have the best price online for them.  Congrats on your new life!!

annetteaz
on 10/5/08 11:40 am - Tucson, AZ
Thank you very much! I will try that or visit the website for options.  I also congratulate you on your new life!

-Annette
deniseg
on 10/6/08 7:46 am - Monticello, AR
Hi ,

Have you tried the protein bullets?  The ones I used early out were 3.1oz. per vial and had 42g of protein...I would drink half in the morning and half in the evening.  You can pour them over ice or add some crystal light, same flavor to them....but I just kept them in the fridge and drank them straight.  They taste like thick kool-aid, not bad at all and only 3 oz for 42g of protein.  I got mine from www.bariatriceating.com  they have lots of other stuff too you might want to try.  These bullets saved for for several months, I've never been able to tolerate protein drinks.  I get all of my protein now from food and milk, but they were sure a life save early out!

Congrats on your surgery and let me know if I can be of any further help to you!

DENISE          
Day of surgery weight/BMI:  246/44.9
Goal weight:  135
Current weight/BMI135/24.6---GOAL!!!!!!!!!
Total pounds lost:  111

annetteaz
on 10/6/08 7:56 am - Tucson, AZ
Thank you very much for the great information.  I will be sure to visit this website.  I've been pretty down lately because I feel like i'm not intaking all the protein nor the water I should be.  It just seems so hard! I'm faithful it will all get better as time passes by.
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/08 4:20 am
Protein Drinks are very very hard to find or I should say good protein drink. What I have found out was the fact that everyone should always do their research, and everyone should be sensitive in what brands they are getting because if you are not carefull you can get one with too much sugar and not enough protein.  BE CAREFUL!!!
Most Active