Soft Tortillas

dandte
on 10/2/08 7:10 am - Cedar Springs, MI
How soon after RNY can I expect to be able to eat soft tortillas?  I understand the bread thing and it balling up in your pouch, but what about tortillas, whole wheat ones?   Do tortillas bother the pouch?

Pam T.
on 10/2/08 10:30 am - Saginaw, MI
I'm 10 months out and still have issues with soft tortillas sometimes.  Just too doughy.  But I eat tortilla pizza about 5 days a week, so if it's "toasted" I do fine with it. 

Every pouch is different and has different tolerances.  So yours might do fine with soft tortilla. 

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

NWScottie ..
on 10/8/08 2:16 am - WA
Pam,
What is tortilla pizza?
I'm thinking about trying Margherita Thin Crust Pizza,  the crust is like a cracker and it is just tomatoes, cheese, basil.  Do you think this would be an OK thing to try?  It has 13 grams of protein a serving.

thank you for your input

Stacey   

Pam T.
on 10/8/08 2:37 am, edited 10/8/08 2:39 am - Saginaw, MI
Tortilla pizza is a homemade pizza made on a 6" fajita-size tortilla shell.  Bake it in the oven and the tortilla gets cripsy.  The great thing about making them yourself is that you control what's on it and you can pick healthy toppings. 

Since I started making these I really hate store-bought or pizzera style pizza.  I had a slice a couple months ago and was so dissapointed in how bad it tasted.  Even the South Beach Frozen Pizza tastes like cardboard compared to these homemade yummies!

I have a plastic basket in my fridge with all my pizza fixings so it's easy to pull everything out at once, throw together a pizza and get it in the oven quickly.   Here's what in my basket:

* pizza sauce, basil pesto and sun dried tomato pesto
(I use these as the sauce base... pick whichever one I'm in the mood for.)
* turkey pepperoni
* sliced/chopped fresh mushrooms
* pineapple tidbits  (sometimes I'm in the mood for this)
* cherry tomatoes (sometimes I'm in the mood for this instead)
* shredded mozzorella cheese
* Italian Seasoning ****ep this on the spice rack next to the oven)

I'm pretty traditional with my pizza toppings and almost always have the same thing.  But Eggface (who got me hooked on these) gets very creative with hers.  She uses leftovers a lot and has some amazing recipes.  Here's a link to some of them: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/10/watch -out-pizza-hut-look-out-papa-john.html

Be careful... these are very addicting!  LOL!

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Vicky S.
on 10/8/08 4:44 am - Taunton, MA
Wow!  These sound awesome!!

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." ~ David Viscott   

emilyahnna
on 10/30/08 3:09 am
Not to sound lame - but fo you "toast" or bake the tortilla before putting onthe sauce?  Exact directions would be awesome for us newbies.

Thanks!

Emily
Garys
on 11/10/08 2:50 am - Mesa, AZ
I believe that Eggface has directions on her site.

But if you pre-heat the oven and use one drop of Extra virgin olive oil on the cookie sheet (Or pizza stone) the tortillas crisp up real nice. even with the ingrediants on top.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Most Active