post op liquid question

platinum_garb
on 9/27/08 10:13 am - chicago, IL
Ok, I'm 3 days post-op and at home.  Dr. says I will remain on clear liquid diet until my one week appt (next Thurs).  I have tolerated everything well (knock on wood)...no nausea or anything.  ive been sucking on ice, had ice water, decaf iced tea, and chicken/beef broths (low sodium). 

now i realize that im not moving a ton...im ambulating and still using the spirometer and have showered twice since ive been home...but is entire postop week on clear liquids any kind of normal???  i wanna lose weight just as much as the next person but this kinda seems wacky.  what do you think or what were your experiences?

thanks!
georgia
share2008
on 9/27/08 12:32 pm - Frankville, AL
Don't know about that but have another question.  I'm scheduled for banding 10-2-08.  Started my five day clear liquid diet today.  Did o****il about 7 pm then started feeling faint.  This is only my frist day. I have four long long days to go.  Any suggestions.  I've had three cans of broth and three serviings of jello today.  I also had water, tea and apple juice.  I still feel so week.  Any suggestions on how to make it through the 5 day clear liquid post op diet?  Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Sheryl
Jobsies
on 9/30/08 1:08 am - Pitman, NJ
I have to be on clear till i see the surgeon on Monday...i had surgery last monday. ..so that is two weeks.  Today i am really struggling..I just want full liquids...a cream soup, a pudding..just something more.

But I keep saying the slower I go, the better i'll do.  So keep trugging, you can do it!

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 2:42 am
Theres some post op things like optifast that you might want to look into.  It is awesome.  It taste pretty goo as well.
Most Active