Daily allowance?

Amethyst H.
on 9/25/08 7:24 am - WA
Is there a magic number of grams of carbs and fat that we can have in a day?  I typically get about 30% of my daily allowance of carbs according to Daily Plate, but I don't know if that is higher than I am supposed to allow myself.  I typically get well over 100% of my protein (about 75g lately) and my fat is around 50%. 

Since I started monitoring my foods, I have started losing again at about a half pound a day.
Karen H.
on 9/25/08 8:08 pm - Owensboro, KY
Please help me out.  How are you getting in all of your proteins?

Amethyst H.
on 9/25/08 11:39 pm - WA
I eat protein rich foods like tuna and ff cottage cheese.  Sometimes I add protein powder to my foods if they are the right consistency and strong enough flavor to mask the taste and texture of the added powder.  On days when I can't get enough in from food (around 75g) I will have a protein shake before bed to boost it another 20g or so.

I use the soy protein supplement Spiru-tein and so far I have loved the taste of pretty much all I have tried.  The Double Fudge Crunch is the best.  Someone pointed out that they have quite a bit of sugar (between 7 and 12g) but I don't have any trouble with them at all.  In order to get all that in though, I have to eat 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks.  It is a cahllenge to get my 20g of fiber in and all the protein in, so I supplement that too with benefiber.
(deactivated member)
on 9/27/08 9:45 am - FL
Karen, getting your protein in isn't hard.  I drink a protein shake on my way to the gym (it's a 30 minute drive for me).  After my workout I have serving of weight control oatmeal and add chocolate protein powder into it.  It's so good.  For lunch and supper I have baked chicken, tuna salad, or fish.  Midafternoon I mix Cappuccino protein in coffee.  Wahla!  More than enough protein for the day!
Karen H.
on 9/27/08 10:58 pm - Owensboro, KY
Thanks for the ideas.  I love my oatmeal in the a.m. I'll mix some powder in there.
I've started drinking a protein shake a day just this last week.  And I love beans and hummus.  Maybe I'll try adding some powder to those too.
Congratulations on your weight loss! 
Karen

Most Active