Anyone else's stomach just never feel "good"?

glitzigirl
on 9/22/08 11:29 pm - Teaneck, NJ
I am 7 months out and I have been doing everything that I am supposed to be doing....getting at least 64ozs of water, 60-70 grams of protein daily, etc. and every day I just kind of have a mild stomache ALL DAY. This has been almost since day one after the surgery. It is not enough to keep me from living a normal life, but it is annoying. I would love to just wake up one day and feel great. Does anyone else experience this?( by the way, bathroom  habits are normal and regular so I am not too worried about a bigger problem).
nofrogs29
on 9/29/08 6:08 am - Fairfax, VA
Did anyone reply? I am just five weeks out but I have a stomach ache pretty much all day too - not terrible; just annoying.

Maggie
Cinn
on 9/29/08 7:06 am - MI
I'm almost 4 weeks out and I feel that way all the time.  It's horrible.  I can't imagine this going on that long.

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

DaisyN132
on 10/9/08 10:34 pm - Warwick, RI
Talk to your Doctor about adhesions. I am 1 week 2 days post-op, I have more stab-wound site pain than anything right now, but my pouch also hurts like hell if I have something that is not in a liquid state...really hurts in the esophagas area...but like I said, call the Dr. That is NOT normal!
~Ruth
MissPaula
on 10/11/08 12:05 pm - ROGERSVILLE, TN
omg....7 months out and still having problems? I have been like this for 5 months now...had 3 strictures and an ulcer,but they were fixed....the pain is STILL there! My surgeon says Im fine as far as surgery goes,but I haven't lost enough weight to please him......but I have been patiently waiting for my 6th month when evryone says it shall pass.....and now YOU tell me you still have it.....are we doomed?????Whats a normal eating day for you???? I sometimes can't even get 3 meals a day in...Im too uneasy with the feeling in my pouch!!!!
glitzigirl
on 10/12/08 1:23 am - Teaneck, NJ
Well, I just had emergency gallbladder surgery and now I feel terrific! It turns out that my gallbladder was full of adhesions and that it why I was never digesting anything right. The surgeon said that my symptoms were not common of gallbladder problems, but it is very common for your gallbladder to go bad after RNY surgery. The doctor said that I should not have any discomfort while eating and now I don't. I am not sure if you could possibly have the same problem, but it is worth discussing with your docctor.
Most Active