Grape juice

Sassy_ladie99
on 9/18/08 5:58 pm - IN
I am 1 wk out, I feel like cr**, Dear hubby bought some grape juice 100% but the label says that it is 35g of dugar will this cause dumping or is it ok to sip on?? thanks Melisa
Pam T.
on 9/18/08 11:24 pm - Saginaw, MI
35g of sugar... even natural sugar ... could easily cause dumping at 1 week out.  You should really stay away from fruit juice. 

The problem with juice is that you're getting all the sugar and water of the fruit, but none of the fiber and nutrients of the whole fruit.  And you probably won't be allowed to eat fruit until you are 6 weeks (canned fruit) to 3 months (raw fruit) out. 

It is perfectly normal to fee like crap right now.  Your pouch just got cut to smitherines and put back together, so it's sore and tired and grumpy.  Give it some time to heal.  For me, warm tea or broth helped sooth my tummy in the early weeks.

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

janice2007
on 10/3/08 11:28 pm, edited 10/3/08 11:29 pm - clarksville, TN
Our nut told us to water down any juice we do have, but to also try and stay away from it.
She said its to be 1/2 water and 1/2 juice.

Also I have four kids that I am use to buying juice for. In an effort to change our family habits I found a great thing made by Tropicana
Its Tropicana LIGHT .  I have only found it at Walmart and only in the Fruit Punch flavor. Its in the fresh juice section.
It has 2 sugars...and 10 calories per cup and is only $1.40
Its been a realy great find for us.

Hope this helps!

Most Active