grapefruit after WLS

sardeb
on 9/18/08 12:21 am - Weston, FL
I am 2 years and 8 months post op gastric bypass.  I am 10 pounds under goal.  I do not want to lose anymore weight and I have been told by my Drs. not too.  I have a question though.  Someone told me that eating a 1/2 of grapefruit was too much sugar.  Is this true? I am just starting to add a little fruit (melon and strawberries) in my diet.  Until now, it was strictly protein and a small amount of vegetables.  I do not know if I dump as I have never eaten anything that would cause it.  Please let me know, my husband was eating one the other day and it looked so good.

Debbie
Pre Op 310 / goal 130 / Now 120

Debbie
302 / 135 / 112
Preop /  goal /  Current

Pam T.
on 9/18/08 6:50 am - Saginaw, MI
You haven't eaten fruit in almost 3 years!!!!???!!  Holy cow!  I can't imagine going without fruit for that long.  Go for it girl... eat your fruit!

I was clear for raw veggies and fruit at the 3-month mark.  I eat about 2 to 4 servings (1/2c) of fruit per day.  I just finished my afternoon snack which was grapes and a cheesestick.  Not sure I could live without fruit.  It's like candy since surgery - so delicious and satisfying.

As for dumping.  That depends on your body.  Only about 40% of people ever dump after surgery anyway.  Some people do dump on natural sugars, but the vast majority of people don't have a problem with it.  Try some and see how you do. 

Go eat some grapefruit.  You're making me sad for you.  LOL!  

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active