Please someone help me!! (long sorry)

WandaW
on 9/17/08 11:54 pm - Hartsville, SC
Please someone help me.   I am 10 weeks out and I have no idea what I can and can not eat.  My appointment with the 'nut' isn't until the end of the month.  The doctor has said to not eat fruit due to sugar and carb count.  Well, my problem is that even veggies have alot of carbs as do normal food.  I have limited myself  for breakfast egg beaters, lean sweet Italian turkey sausage, lunch will be cottage cheese, carb and sugar control smoothie, dinner time I have limited myself to 1/4 cup homemade chili.    
    I have no idea how many calories I am or not supposed to be taking in.  When I asked the doctor he said we don't count calories.  I am starting to feel deprived and I know what will happen.  I also happen to be a slow loser per doc.
   I just don't want to blow it.  I am struggling with the weight lose and I'm not sure if I should continue  starving myself with 500-700 calories per day.  Any suggestions will be welcomed with open arms and heart.  Sorry its so long.
Have a great day and a better tomorrow.

Wanda
lucky_lady76
on 9/18/08 1:42 am - Texarkana, TX
Hi Wanda, I am no nutritionist but mine told me at 4 months out I should be getting no more than 800-1000 calories per day. But every nut is different, but this may give you a hint as what to expect when you see your nut. As far as the fruit, my dr did not restrict my fruit intake, around my 6th month I started eating bananas, strawberries, watermelon, & cantalope(during the summer these are a must for me) these do not make me dump but they do to some so it will just have to be trial and error.
If you have not started you may want to start logging you food intake on a site like fitday.com or sparkpeople.com.  I personally use fitday.com and log everything I eat to keep myself on track.
I was a slow loser, so don't be discouraged when the scales don't go down as fast as you think they should, you will get there. Just trust that you made the right decision do what the dr says and leave the rest up to the Lord.
Good luck.
GOD BLESS   Cynthia
WandaW
on 9/18/08 4:13 am - Hartsville, SC
Thank you for replying.  I use fitday.com every day.  Thank you for the encouragement.  I can't wait until the 30th I have a list of questions for the nutritionist. 
Thanks again

Wanda
butterjoy
on 9/21/08 10:44 pm - Elkview, WV
CAN YOU CALL OR E-MAIL YOUR NUTRITIONIST?  I AM SURE HE/SHE WILL ANSWER QUESTIONS UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR APPOINTMENT.

JOY

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

Most Active