Tomato Soup??

Mike T.
on 9/17/08 2:41 pm - Painted Post, NY
Hi,

I just started my full liquids phase on my pre-op diet. One of the things that my nut talked about was tomato soup. I love tomato soup. When my wife went to the store to pick up some groceries, she looked at all ot the tomato soups and they all had sugar listed. In fact most of the commercial soups contained sugar. She was only able to find soupsa in the organic section that didn't contain sugar. Any advice on how I can handle this, short of making my own?

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/18/08 3:11 am
get chicken stock, add tomato souce -SF (or no sugar added since tomatoes have natural sugar) - add a bit of splenda - you have Tomato soup. Or buy the organic one...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mike T.
on 9/18/08 4:28 am - Painted Post, NY
Thank you so much for the info.

Mike0918
on 9/23/08 11:46 am - South Plainfield, NJ

At week 3, I had Campbell's Healthy Request Tomato Soup. It lists on the can 2g of Protein but that is for a full cup. I added Skim Milk Plus which added 11G. So if I caculated right the can has 15G (2 servings of soup = 4 + 11 is 15). Then I divide by 4 to get 1/2 cup. So in the end I calculated it to ge 4gms.
The soup tested great and I had no issues. I should warn you that I am extremly lucky so far 4 weeks and no issues with any foods I have tried. I do make sure that i measure my foods so i don't overfill my pouch.

Good luck
Mike

Most Active