Calories?

Jennyj213
on 9/17/08 7:52 am - NY
Hi,

I'm about 10 weeks out and was wondering about how many calories I should be having a day.  I started journaling on fitday.com and was shocked to see that I was having between 900 - 1000 calories a day.  Is this ok?  or should I be having less?  I'm getting over 100 grams of protein each day.  In addition to protein in food I am having two protein shakes a day.  Should I cut one out? 

Thank you!
lucky_lady76
on 9/18/08 1:30 am - Texarkana, TX
I am not a nutritionist but I can tell you what mine told me. I emailed her at my 4 month surgiversary, and she told me that I should only be eating between 800-1000 calories a day. So you seem to be rigt on track with 900-1000 a day. As far as the shakes, I was having one a day for breakfast and the rest of my protein was coming from food intake. Good luck on your journey.
GOD BLESS   Cynthia
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/08 6:39 am
I'm 12 weeks out and my nut told me I should increase from 700 to 1000.  Sounds like you're doing just fine.  Your hitting the proper protein rqmt too, so I wouldn't leave out the extra protein drink.
Amy I.
on 9/22/08 9:37 am
Hi, you are on the right track!  You are getting enough protein and just the right calories.  If you are exercising too, this is a good calorie goal to have.  Keep it up!

Amy- Registered Dietitian at Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco
Most Active