Protein Powders

Sonja G.
on 9/13/08 1:46 pm - Anchorage, AK
Okay I am a week away from starting my 2 week pre-op liquid diet and I went out and bought a large can of chocolate protein powder. My problem I am not a milk drinker and this stuff is nasty. Is there anyone that has samples? I just need to find something I like before I run out of time.
Thanks to all who can help.
Sonja G.
prazzzhim
on 9/14/08 8:26 am - marthasville, MO
google "nectar protein shakes. they have free samples if you call them. I love the lemon tea. but they have lots of flavors that you add water to. such as roadside lemonaide,  cherry cherry,  fuzzy navel,  carrabian cooler. they have the kind that you mix w/ milk too. cookies & cream. it's kinda to thick for me except for once in awhile.
Pam T.
on 9/15/08 2:20 am - Saginaw, MI
Never buy a whole jar of protein powder unless you KNOW for sure that you like the taste of it.  I would suggest starting with sample instead.  I had to try about 4 dozen different flavors/brands before I found a few flavors I liked enough to buy a whole jar of. 

I have a list in my OH Profile of online and local resources for getting protein powder samples.  Here's the link:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/pwsammy/uzone,blog/action, comments/blog_id,61570/blog_post_id,117087/

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Karen H.
on 9/25/08 8:02 pm - Owensboro, KY

Two suggestions:
1) Buy liquid flavorings (baking section) at any grocery store. It masks the chalky flavor of the protein.
2) I just bought a product called Click (do a search online for "Click protein drink."  It's espresso flavored.  It's not chalky at all, in fact, to me it tastes like Starbucks.  You can drink it frozen or warm.  I LOVE THIS STUFF!

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/08 9:14 am

You are better off getting like any whey tasteless protein or the Bariatric Advantage High Protein meal replacement unflavored, with those you can mix with pretty much everything.  Do you like fruity stuff.  You can get profect its liquid though and nectar frutilicious protein powders are real popular.  Good luck.

Most Active