Difficulty eating

nofrogs29
on 9/13/08 9:37 am - Fairfax, VA
I am three weeks out; every time I take a bite or take a sip I feel almost ill and it is difficult for me to get the amount of protein in that I am supposed to. I can eat popsickles and clear liquids but foods seem really, really hard. Also, every time I go to the bathroom, it is almost all water. Is this normal?

Maggie
Pam T.
on 9/15/08 2:23 am - Saginaw, MI
All sounds normal to me.  The first 2 months after surgery are the hardest -- or at least they were for me -- when it comes to eating.  Your new pouch is just like the stomach of a newborn infant and we all know how hard it is for babies to learn how to eat new foods.  So you just have to keep trying until you find something that works and give your body time to heal and accept new things.  If you continue to have difficulty, definitely put a call in to your surgeon for advice just to make sure there isn't something medically wrong.

Right now you're on all liquids, so it's normal for your stools to be very loose right now too.  As you add more solid food things should change a bit. 

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active