trying to find a protein drink that is not creamy

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/08 9:59 am - MN
OK I AM 4 DAYS POST OP AND READY TO BARF IF I HAVE 1 MORE CREAMY CARNATION SHAKE OR SOUP BOULAN WITH DRY MILK MIXED IN . I AM LOOKING FOR A PROTEIN THAT IS NOT CREAMY WHEN ADDED TO THINGS LIKE WATER OR CRYSTAL LIGHT.     AT THIS PHASE IT IS HARD ENOUGH TO GET JUST FLUIDS IN. IS NECTAR PROTEIN LIKE THIS? HELP WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE.

THANKS ALL
LOL JILL
lizzybear
on 9/5/08 10:45 am - Olympia, WA
Do you have a GNC nearby?  If so, they have Isopure "juice" protein drinks - 40g protein per bottle.  They have different flavors so you could pick one to try.  My fav is the grape - I do have to have it over lots of crushed ice, because it's pretty nasty even the slightest bit warm.  I also like the Mango Peach.  These can leave a dry feeling in your mouth afterwards, but I found it's less with the ice and I always drink at least 8 ounces of water afterwards.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Flex
on 9/6/08 6:05 am
On September 5, 2008 at 5:45 PM Pacific Time, lizzybear wrote:
Do you have a GNC nearby?  If so, they have Isopure "juice" protein drinks - 40g protein per bottle.  They have different flavors so you could pick one to try.  My fav is the grape - I do have to have it over lots of crushed ice, because it's pretty nasty even the slightest bit warm.  I also like the Mango Peach.  These can leave a dry feeling in your mouth afterwards, but I found it's less with the ice and I always drink at least 8 ounces of water afterwards.
I love isopure too. I usually drink it post workout. My favorite is the blue, put it in the fridge in the morning and its nice and cold after my workout. You could also try nectar protien powder. It is what I used when I was early post op. It has the consistency and taste of juice.
mystic
on 9/6/08 9:30 pm - manchester, NJ
unjury makes a chicken broth protein which i hear is good, ive used their choc and vanilla.

they also have an unflavored protein powder.  they do send samples.

good luck

jacki

randomlysam
on 9/10/08 1:51 am - Arlington, VA
Revision on 08/20/08 with
Ugh I hate the thick creamy stuff.

Go to mydietshopz.com

They have a liquid flavoring packet you add  to cold water, 15 gs of protein.  Like kool aid.

Also my personal fav is their hot chocolates, most are 12-15 gs of protein, no aftertaste, smoothe and very good.  I found post-op that warm drinks were so much easier to digest.
prazzzhim
on 9/11/08 11:59 pm - marthasville, MO
Nectar protein shakes are good. they have free samples if you call them. And they come in lots of flavors, such as lemon tea,fuzzy navel, cherry cherry, lemonaide, and then they have the thick milky ones too. cookies & cream taste like a cookie blast from sonic. I only like that once in awhile. google them & see if you can get the number or e-mail me & I'll get it to you. I'm at work right now or I'd just give it to you. lol. good luck
Nahealani
on 9/13/08 11:41 am - vancouver, WA
I am also 4 days out and I can only have clear liquids. I like the Nectar the best the strawberry kiwi is my fav, then the fuzzy navel. I do like the Isopure Mango Peach. The premade one taste way better than the one in the jar. I have to stay on clear for another 3 days. That is ok with me because I am really not hungry at all.

5'4": Surgery 240/Current 135/Goal 140 = 105 lbs lost!!!  BMI 22.5 I'm Normal  

6 Years Later highest 198 / Current 176 / Goal 140
Hit Goal on 5/14/09 8 months out! 
  Join us on the Lightweights Board!

nascar24n48
on 9/27/08 10:10 am
I have used the Syntrax Nectar since day one. I mix it with water and a spoon and put ice in it. I ordered samples from vitalady.com then after I figured out what flavors were my favorite I price shopped and found the best prices on advantagesupplements.com (No, I dont work for them!) and if you put FREE shaker on the memo line they will send you one!

I like the Lemonaide, Lemon Tea, Vanilla, Chocolate (great when the PMS kicks in!) and the Fuzzy Navel.

I tried tons of samples before I found these little treasures!!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/08 6:53 am
There is a profect liquid to me that is not at all creamy in anyway. It taste more of like a fruit jiuce to me.  It would hurt to find them.  I know bariatric Advantage sells them. I do not know who else online. 
Most Active