green tea or wulong tea?

niesienoo
on 9/5/08 2:51 am - London, UK
are there any opinions out there? I am a firm believer in green tea and know that when i take 2 cups a day my weight loss is more even/consistent. it definitely boosts my metabolism. of course, i forget at times.
anyway, i read about this oolong tea, whihc is supposed to be like 100% better than green tea.
any thoughts either way?
thanks for your opinions
aniesa

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
Robert Collier

Pam T.
on 9/5/08 10:58 am - Saginaw, MI
 If it's a bottle tea, check the ingredient list for "phosphoric acid"  --- if you see that, try to find something different.  This ingredient is a known agent that interfers with calcium absorption.  It acts the same way that iron does with calcium.  We already malabsorb calcium, so we don't need anything else that leaches calcium from our bodies. 

Phosphoric acid is found is many flavored bottled waters, teas and soda.

as far as green tea specifically.  I'm not an expert and don't even like the taste of it... so can't speak about it's general benefits. 

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/11/08 6:03 am
Green tea or white tea is great for your mind and body.  Not sure about oolong (I personally do not like the taste of it).  Good luck.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/11/08 6:06 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Nahealani
on 9/13/08 11:43 am - vancouver, WA
I think oolong tea has caffine. I like mugicha. It is a japanese tea made with barley. It is so refreshing cold and talk good warm also. My family is from Japan and this is all they drink there.

5'4": Surgery 240/Current 135/Goal 140 = 105 lbs lost!!!  BMI 22.5 I'm Normal  

6 Years Later highest 198 / Current 176 / Goal 140
Hit Goal on 5/14/09 8 months out! 
  Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active