How much is too much?

Jenna21fl
on 9/2/08 2:33 am - lithia, FL
I have been going on a liquid diet 2 days of every week I can consume a whole can of tomatoe soup w 1/2 cup of water added for lunch. Is this too much, since its liquid?
Pam T.
on 9/2/08 11:35 pm - Saginaw, MI
Why are you doing a liquid diet 2 days of every week?  Is your doctor telling you to do this?

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Jenna21fl
on 9/3/08 12:19 am - lithia, FL
Well as we all know our mind is our worst enemy. Im 11 months post op down 80lbs and at a stand still. Im discouraged and found the 5 day pouch test that help boost my metabolism every so ofter helping me lose about 2 lbs every 2 weeks instead of every 2 months now.
Pam T.
on 9/3/08 1:00 am - Saginaw, MI
I'm sorry, I'm not a believer of the 5 day pouch test diet, so can't really advise you on how it works.  I do know though that it doesn't necessarily "boost metabolism"..... you do that through exercise, building muscle, eating thermic foods... but generally our metabolism is a constant and not really something that changes with the wind. 

I just posted on another thread a list of things to look at in your eating, exercise and medication routines that might be causing a stall.  Something there might help you figure out why you're having a slow down.  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/board_id,5465/cat_id,5 065/topic_id,3716964/a,messageboard/action,replies/#29559076

As for eating/drinking an entire can of prepared soup (which equals about 12oz, I'd guess?) ... well, technically I guess tomato soup is like any other liquid and will flow straight through your pouch -- slower than water, but still it doesn't stay around for long.  BUT... eating such large portions can lead to eating large portions of other foods and is a slippery slope that can take us back to overeating like we did pre-op.  So be careful with getting away from measuring and weighing your foods or eating on a strict schedule. 

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Jenna21fl
on 9/3/08 1:53 am - lithia, FL
Ya Ive been told about the importance of exercise and I wish I could do so without being in pain, However I have herniated disks in my neck, therastic and lumbar. I am currently in treatment for my neck, hopefully after treatment I can do something without pain like swimming.
Most Active