Calories needed for exercise and energy

Seht
on 8/27/08 6:24 am
I have been searching for an answer to this question for a while, hopefully someone here will have some suggestions.  I have already talked to my doctor and he referred me to the Nutritionalist, *****fused to give me a calorie range.  She just kept repeating the same thing over and over you need to eat less to lose weight.  She didn't even listen to my question or the fact that I was still losing weight.

So here is the question

I am working out 5-6 times a week.
I alternate 1 day of weights, mostly upper body
and 1 day of running & swimming

The weight routine is 4 different sets of pull ups and 4 sets of dips
followed by 3  sets of bench press, tricep and bicep exercises, and 6 sets of compound row, lat pull down, working biggest muscle groups down to smallest.

The run & swim day is a run of at least 2 miles followed by a 500 meter swim.

My starting weight was 441 pounds
my current weight is 208 pounds
I was eating around 600 - 800 calories and had 0 energy, and was having to stop my runs before I hit the 2 mile range.

When I gave this info to the Nut, she said I needed to eat less.  That just didn't make sence to me.  She also didn't want me eating anything before my workout.  They are a strict 3 meals a day plan.  However if I eat lunch at noon, and I don't get to the gym until almost 6:00 I just don't have any energy.

So do any of you have meal plans that you use to help with energy and exercise?
Do you know of any online sports Nutritionists that you would recommend?

Thanks

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

sarard
on 8/27/08 7:53 am - Costa Mesa, CA
I do know two on-line dietitians - Jeanne Barnett & Sonia LaFlamme.  Both are runners (Sonia is a marathoner) and can offer you advice.  They can be contacted through www.enutritioncare.com.  

Good luck.
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
sarard
on 8/27/08 7:55 am - Costa Mesa, CA
 I know of one other sports dietitan (Angela) - she does not have an on-line business, but may be able to work something out with you.  If you'd like, I can give you her email address and you can contact her directly.  

let me know.

Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
Seht
on 8/28/08 1:01 am
Thanks for the information, I'll check them out.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active