Nutrient Survey

Veg_nRN
on 8/23/08 8:03 pm - Glen Burnie, MD
Okay, I am trying out calorieking.com to help with these last pesky 40ish pounds and I have a survey-type question for whomever happens by (RNY folks).  So here it goes, how many grams of the basic nutrients do your doctor's offices recommend?  I mean things like fat, carbs, fiber, protein, etc.  Just wondering what a realistic goal would be for me to use in the food diary program on calorieking, thanks in advance!
~Bonnie "You will be assimilated, resistance is futile." - the Borg

Starting Weight: 315 lbs

Current Weight: 187 lbs
Goal Weight:  145ish lbs
Pam T.
on 8/23/08 11:51 pm - Saginaw, MI
Hiya!

I am 9 months post-RNY and take in about 1000-1200 calories per day.  I keep my balance at about 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fats.   That's my goal, but it usually ends up being close to 40-35-25 because of the cheese I eat whi*****reases my fat content. 

I shoot for 100g of protein per day and about 80-100g carbs per day (more carbs on training days and might be up to 125g some days).  I honestly don't worry much about fats and just let the number end up whatever it is.  I shoot for 25-30g fiber per day and usually have 1 teaspoon of fiber supplement each morning for 5g of my total.

These are numbers I've had to come up with on my own.  My nutritionist isn't very helpful and only recommends I get 60-80g protein per day and has no concept that I'd be able to hit that number every day.  She also refuses to give me a calorie target ---- I think she doesn't think I'd be able to eat enough to make a difference in calories... how wrong she is!   The only guideline she ever gave me for calories was at my 3-month apt when she said to increase my calories to 800-1000/day. 

HTH
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active