What's this all about - really???

kittyme
on 8/22/08 7:01 am
I just had my lapband surgery 3 months ago, and find it awkward in changing my eating habits.  My weight loss has slowed, and I've already had one adjustment (tightening) of my band.  I feel as though I still eat more than 4 to 6 oz. of food per meal.
If I ate the requisite fish, protein, veggies and a little bit of fat, I could lose faster.  In fact, if I just learned to eat nothing but what is required of lapbanders, I will lose weight.  so WHY then, have I gone to the trouble of having lapbanding???  The diet alone is life-changing and if I am looking forward to nothing but this kind of food for the rest of my life, I will eventually be skinny.  Was the banding necessary to effect the change in eating habits, or could a change in eating habits result in the same, and way less expense, results???
I am perplexed.  I am eating whole foods now, and though I cannot eat as much as I have in the past, I do still eat some very familiar foods.  Pie, cake, cookies are still in my diet, though smaller portions, and way less often.  I still have a sweet tooth.  It slows my weight loss, and I feel bad for the wrong choices.
anyone else out there fighting their old habits?  What do YOU do?

Most Active