Family meals

jojobear98
on 8/19/08 4:33 am - Gettysburg, PA
I know most of the posts on here are about vitamins and personal food meals but I would like some ideas on family meals  that are what I need health wise but will be good meals for my family too. We are getting tired of the same old things!

Any help?
Pam T.
on 8/20/08 2:21 am - Saginaw, MI
Have you tried Eggface's blog?  She has some pretty amazing casserole recipes that would work for family meals.  I am single and only cook for myself, but I often make a full casserole for myself and eat it for lunches all week.  I especially love the Chicken Carbonera lately.

There's also some great ideas on the Atkins cookbook that might work for family meals.

Good luck
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

jojobear98
on 8/20/08 2:47 am - Gettysburg, PA
How do I find Eggface? LOL. I tried seaching it but nothing comes up. Thanks.
Pam T.
on 8/20/08 2:48 am - Saginaw, MI

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

jojobear98
on 8/20/08 4:31 am - Gettysburg, PA
Thanks, found it and spent 2 hours looking around........not many ideas like I was looking for but a million other things that captivated me........LOL>

I appreciate it
kilmarlic
on 8/21/08 7:25 am - powells point, NC
I've got 2 teenage sons and I work full time plus they work so our time around the table is limited here lately BUT We have a piece of notebook paper on the side of the fridge that they know they can write down a meal that they'd like to have and then when I do the shopping I get the ingredients (if I don't already have them) and then I try to make sure that particular meal becomes a full fledged family meal. Their tastes are varied so you never know if someone wants corn dogs or Chicken and Dumplings.  I've always hated menu planning but now that we're all going in different directions it helps with variety.

Get your family's suggestions for dinners they'd like to have then you can alter those old favorites to be new leaner versions and everybody's happy.

Good Luck.

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

Most Active