Post-OP Nutritional Care? HELP!

CJ P.
on 8/18/08 7:18 am - Mason, OH
This is my first post here. I am about 10 weeks post op, my surgeons office closed. I have no where to go for nutrition info or anything. I feel very alone right now and very upset that I even chose to have my surgery through there office. They did not even offer referrals!!!! I have no idea where I should be on calories, protein or anything!!!! Please help. Where can I look for another clinic or nut info????

butterjoy
on 8/18/08 10:46 am - Elkview, WV
I AM SORRY THAT HAPPENED TO YOU.  YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK OUT THE OHIO FORUM.  I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU FIND A GOOD SURGEON.

JOY

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/OH/

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

jojobear98
on 8/18/08 10:30 pm - Gettysburg, PA
I had my surgery 4 years ago and my surgeon didn't move or close, but I moved over an hour away from my surgeon. What I did was call a surgeon in my new area that did the same procedure that I had done, explained that I moved and would he be willing to see me even though he didn't perform the surgery.

Now I got all records I could from my procedure so my new doc had as much info as possible. I don't know if you can get ahold of any of that stuff ....but the new doc was more than happy to continue with any care I need. I still see him occasionally when I need to and it's wasn't a hassle.

Maybe call around and see if you can find a physician that will do the same.
kittyme
on 8/22/08 7:07 am
Carla P.

I am having somewhat the same problem; I had lapband surgery 3 months ago, and had one adjustment (tightening) and I still feel like I overeat, and grab the wrong foods.  I can't go to the support groups because they are two hours away, and gas is a problem.  I feel like I have no support, so I came to this on-line site for help.
What surgeery did you have, and how are you doing (feeling) now; what things do you eat?

Let's share what we DO know.

kittyme
Most Active