Alternative to coffee???

glitzigirl
on 8/18/08 2:00 am - Teaneck, NJ
So since the surgery it seems my stomach just cannot handle coffee.....AND I MISS IT LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the smell of it and the sound of it perking but every sip is like battery acid. I do take acid pills about 3 times a week but I am desperate to find an alternative to feed my craving. I just found out that Kraft stopped making Postum because sales were so low..... Anyone have any suggestions?
godzilla
on 8/18/08 9:59 pm - Israel
my op was also in feb.
I don't know if I have a real problem with coffe, however I chose to limit my coffee abd in Israel I buy a chickory drink called Chico. In the US there is Postum/Ovaltine but as they most likely have sugar, look to see if there is a sugar-free one.
hope this helps.
Mikimi in Israel
Jacquelyn
on 9/29/08 12:47 am - Columbus, OH
I totally adore coffee and became VERY addicted after my RNY.  Not liking to be controlled by a substance, I recently made a remarkable trip to Teavana - if there isn't one near you, you can go to: www.teavana.com and check them out. 

I bought Mate Vana.  They said it was a good substitute for coffee and because it's tea, it's healthy with minerals etc.  So, the first morning, I made a pot and had my cup of tea.  I don't care for tea.  This didn't taste like coffee, but it didn't taste bad, but I knew it was tea.  The second cup tasted better to me.  Then I decided to have a cup of coffee.  Ugh.  I didn't care for my coffee and found it to be too sweet and too creamy. ??  The next day I had my Mate Vana again and tried another cup of coffee (because hubby is still making too much and I hate to waste it)...this time I cut my Splenda and 1/2 & 1/2 in half.  Still did not care for my coffee.  Hmmmm....there must b something to this?  So I drank 28 ozs of Mate Vana each morning for the next few days.  When DH took me to Starbucks, I got my usual - Cafe Americano and I could of taken it or left it there.  I was looking forward to just going home and making a cup of tea.  Last night I tried an herbal tea from Mate Vana, Azteca Fire.  WOW!!!  It was awesome!

Just a thought.  :)  Just so you know...when you look at prices they are quoting for 2 ozs of tea.  But it makes a lot of tea.  :)

Be Blessed! 

Jacquelyn

Most Active