Pre Surgery Questions

getinther
on 8/17/08 3:27 am - AL
Hi,
I had a VBG several years ago and am scheduled for a revision in December.  Since mar. I have lost almost 50lbs with WW.  I am trying to cut down on the amount of "sagging " skin once I have lost all of the excess weight.  joined a gym last week and try to walk for a mile at least 5 times per week.  I take a vitamin with iron and am trying to get in more protein.  I also purchased Castro Oil for my hair to strengthen it prior to surgery.  Any other suggestions for me pre surgery that will help me post surgery?  Thanks
Pam T.
on 8/18/08 12:22 am - Saginaw, MI
Skin's gonna sag no matter what you do.  You can tone the muscle underneath the skin, but the once the skin itself is stretched  out it doesn't really bouce back to normal.  Think of an old pair of pants with an elastic waist that's been overstretched....

Your hair might fall out after surgery no matter what you do before.  It's a biological issues, not a hair strength issue.  The trauma of surgery, lowered calorie intake and dramatic change in diet is what causes the hair to fall out.  Just make sure you get all your protein and vitamins after surgery and it won't be as bad. 

Good job on losing 50 pounds!  The more you lose now the less you have to deal with afterward.  And good job on joining the gym.  Definitely work on the cardio to strength your lungs so you have an easier time with the anesthesia. 

I also wrote a post on my blog called Preparing for Surgery.  Might be something you could find there to keep you occupied until December. 

Good luck,
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active