Fat/Protein/Carbs

MelissaM39
on 8/15/08 1:06 am - MI
I track everything that goes in my pouch on a daily basis.  I average between 700-800 calories daily and am 3 months post op.  I walk/run 3 miles 6 days a week and I work with the excercise elastic bands for my upper body. 

What I'm curious about is where my fat grams should be daily?  My carbs run about 30-40 per day.  I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Pam T.
on 8/15/08 9:40 am - Saginaw, MI
I track my calories too.  I use www.fitday.com and it gives me a percentage for each nutrient.  Since right after surgery I've been following this balance:  40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat (although most times it ends up being closer to 40/35/25).

I'm eating about 1000-1200 calories per day and getting 100g/protein, around 100g/carb and whatever the fat comes out to being.  We're not on a low fat diet and I don't really pay much attention to that number.  So whatever it ends up being is fine with me. 

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Veg_nRN
on 8/26/08 4:48 pm - Glen Burnie, MD
My NUT recommended a formula (can't remember the numbers at the moment) that works out for me as 40 g of fat per 1200 cal daily requirements.  That being said, in my numerous years of weight loss programs, the "average" number always given for fat grams was about 30 per day and no food you eat should have more than 30% cal from fat.  Hope that helps some.

Oh, dis crap, is justa makin me crazy!!!!!!!!!
~Bonnie "You will be assimilated, resistance is futile." - the Borg

Starting Weight: 315 lbs

Current Weight: 187 lbs
Goal Weight:  145ish lbs
Most Active