Recipe Needed please for Homemade Icecream

Tammy H.
on 8/13/08 9:59 pm - Greenville, OH
I am going to be helping some residents in a nursing home make some homemade icecream in one of those crank type freezers...I need a recipe that is low fat, low sugar...The one my dad used to make had eggs in it...Back then no one worried about eating raw eggs...What shall I do instead of the raw eggs?  Or do recipes no longer need/ come with eggs in them? Am kinda at a loss here, cuz I really dont know for sure what to use...IF you can please help me, I sure would appreciate it...Thanks ahead to everyone who post , because it might be a few days before I can get back here due to I am having some dental work done this morning...Ackkky...I hate dentist...My heart is racing before I even get there...Wish me luck with the icecream and the dentist...Thanks everyone...Have a great day

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Pam T.
on 8/14/08 1:04 am - Saginaw, MI
Traditional ice cream recipes are definitely not low sugar or low fat.  LOL!  But Michelle has been spreading the gospel of protein ice cream and everyone is addicted (ok, at least *I* am addicted).  She's got a post on her blog that compiles all her recipes so far and basic instructions for how she makes it. 

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/prote in-ice-cream.html

Super easy, super yummy and super healthy!

Next month at our support group meeting, we decided to have an "Ice Cream Social" and we'll be using a lot of Michelle's recipes.  It should be fun.  Have fun with your residents!

Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active