OT - From Main Board - I have the same probrom Pleas help us outr

Nancy6540
on 8/12/08 4:55 am, edited 8/12/08 5:09 am - Orlando, FL

My ears have been ringing for 28 years with no let up. The sound I hear is a high pitched screach. I have been told by doctors over and over there's nothing they can do for it. I have it in both ears but it's the worse in my right ear. The right ear happens to have extreme hearing lost, about 90% loss, yet I have to hear this ringing. This past week, I don't know why, the volume has just increased majorly. It's so loud and I feel like I'm going nuts. Nothing has really changed, no new drugs, loud noises, etc.. the only thing I can think of is more caffine than usual, more splenda and less sleep, recent wt gain of 15 lbs. Do you know of any thing that can help me. Any kind of vitamin,supplement or even prescription drug?
Kathy

Thanks for the post from Kathy A

My problem is not as extream as Kathy A, but I could could use all the insight you have.

'Thanks
Nancy S

Diana M.
on 8/12/08 10:25 am - NC
 There are several drugs that can cause the ringing.  Do you take aspirin?
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be~ David Viscott
butterjoy
on 8/12/08 9:09 pm - Elkview, WV

I HAVE HAD TINITIS IN BOTH EARS PRACTICALLY ALL MY LIFE.  LATELY THE VOLUME HAS GOTTEN LOUDER, IT MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO SLEEP.  AS A MATTER OF FACT, WHEN I DO SLEEP, IT WAKES ME UP.  I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD BY DOCTORS THAT THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO.  WITH ALL THE MODERN TECHNOLOGY, I HOPE THAT SOME DAY SOMEONE WILL FIND A REMEDY.  YES, THE NOISE DOES MAKE ME NERVOUS AND EVEN MAKES ME CRY.

JOY

* Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger. The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.   
     I have reached my goal! Praying angel:9896

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/08 2:44 am
I just noticed that all of you live in the same general area of the United States.  Could the weather you are having right now be the cause of the increase in your problems?  I can't imagine how awful it must be to hear that all the time.  I hope that a cure will be found.  Jan
Nancy6540
on 8/12/08 7:32 pm - Orlando, FL
No aspirin and no new vitimans or meds.  I don't know why this started.
Thanks!

sndr.smith2
on 8/22/08 4:44 am
Go to a ENT asap
Most Active