vitamins

Amber K.
on 8/12/08 12:26 am - Florissant, MO
 I know with RNY there is a slue of vitamins that have to be taken and i am just curious what all of those are.
Diana M.
on 8/12/08 10:24 am - NC
 Well, I take 1 Multivitamin with Iron 2 x day and 2 calcium tablets 2x day.  Some people take fish oil if their surgeon suggests to do so.  Really, you only take a little more than regular people should be taking anyway...
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be~ David Viscott
Pam T.
on 8/13/08 12:02 pm - Saginaw, MI
Here's a great article just put out by the SOARD and ASMBS with guidelines for what nutrients are needed for WLS folks.  Includes guidlines for LapBand, RNY and DS.  GREAT information here

http://download.journals.elsevierhealth.com/pdfs/journals/15 50-7289/PIIS1550728908001639.pdf

Personally I take:

2 Multi-vitamns per day
2000mg calcium citrate
B12
B-complex

Additional supplements:
Fish oil
Stool softener

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/08 11:17 am
Yeah there is a whole list. Usually multi-vitamins, calcium, and iron and b-12 and all that good stuff. lol Search around and most importantly you need to ask your doctor or NUT what exactly you need to take as some people differ from one another.

Most Active